PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2014, 23:33
SteaminDivet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those living in the dark ages of omnipotence, I offer this piece of information.
For the end of financial year last year I was privy to one financial summary that showed a senior S/O that has never upgraded, (for vocal reasons of lifestyle) that has systematically reduced their roster to 25% of a line and grossed over 130k for that period.
A total of 4 days a month (read an LA return) work. Yes, that is 48 working days a year (not including EP's, sim etc) for $130,000 a year. (And NOT taking any leave)
Whilst I have no idea how integral wages are to profitability, there is not one person who could stand straight faced and say "yeah, that's fair".
This purely at face value can not be sustained long term from a simple economic viewpoint, and until this behaviour is modified it's a long draw of the bow pointing fingers saying managers have their nose in the trough and are pissing money against the wall. It may well be true, but it's embarrassing to think a group that has this behaviour expects to be taken seriously.
No offence to those doing the right thing, this post is not stereotyping, just pointing out a fact.