PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2014, 21:34
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Dont let anyone forget that Crew have been the first to sacrifice with pay freezes and cuts in various forms in the past.

It was when those sacrifices were used to increase managememt bonuses and continue to make absolutely insane short sighted and plain stupid, idiotic decisions that support for these cretins EVENTUALLY evaporated.

Unless you have worked for Qf you wont understand, but trust me when I say how much it hurts when people who havent lived it criticise the most loyal workforce it was possible to have.

Im sorry, but if you are hiding the fact you have failed on so many fronts and can ignore $4m a month in thrown away miney STORING!!! Brand new jets tht ANY OTHER AIRLINE WOULD KILL TO USE then you deserve to fail and anyone 'negotiating' with such idiots should treat them with total contempt.

I woul not be capable of Nathan Safe's oh-so-measured approach. He should be a shoe in for the next Papal commission!

This disussion of 2c pay differences between pilot groups drives me up the wall. Especially when it would NOT be an issue if te airline was actually 'managed'. They have managed a market monopoliser into forcing VR on its staff for christs sake! I cannot believe that is possible - in a space of 10 years, let alone have people say 'its all about the staff needing to change'.

Give me strength!