PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2014, 18:59
MrSnuggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, bring it on - I am not from Australia, never been there even. But, as I see it you blabber over each other's salary like that's the end of the world.

Now, from a European (particularly Swedish) flying public point of view, Qantas is the safest airline there is. Many would prefer Qantas for long haul, just because of this reputation. Such a reputation isn't built overnight and to keep the tops on their toes, maybe salaries might be a bit higher than usual.

NOW, the problem is.... I can't book a single Qantas flight from Sweden. There are some from Frankfurt and some from London.

Use your reputation, please, Qantas, create some useful routes and fill your planes. Cutting pay isn't necessarily the only way to make money.

We have our fair share of low budget airlines in Europe. Truth be told, people are getting more and more fed up with having to pay for water or being charged for your boarding pass. No leg space, no luggage, no service and no security margins for staff and passengers.

Sure, low costs are good for a certain niche of people but the major infatuation seem to have faded, at least in Europe. Me thinks a respectable airline with an excellent reputation would be very welcomed by many.

Whatever Qantas decides to do, I really hope you pilots who have created this flawless reputation feel that the majority of the flying public wouldn't care about your salary when they know that you get them from A to B without risking anybody's life. And that is what it boils down to. You are the guys who saves peoples lives and they know it.

Here is to Qantas management and they making good decisions. **klonk**