PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2014, 14:34
The Professor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Australopithecus

“So, the Delta pilot makes 62% more fun tickets that I do.”

“I did not complain about my salary at all”

Really?

Wan

“If you are prepared to educate us”

No, that’s something each responsible person should do themselves. Don’t be so lazy on a topic so important.

Mypov

“All the major competitors of Qantas pay similar wages and in quite a few cases more.”

This is blatantly wrong and its rather disturbing that someone would buy into this propaganda. The truth is actually the opposite.

“Many don't carry second officers but instead 2 capts and 2 f/o's against 1 capt, 1 f/o and 2 s/o's for qantas on long range flying.”

True, and MANY forward facing pilots at your competitor airlines including captains make less than your second officers who cant even operate a sector.

“The myth of pilot wages being a problem has been done to death”

Simply not true. Anyone who can calculate a descent profile can also throw together some numbers to show how the wage differential between QF and CA/TG/MH etc would impact the bottom line. Employee compensation and benefits are vitally important to an airlines result and are one of the few things within the control of the business.

Gone fishin

“Unfortunately you cannot reason with these ridiculous people.”

You don’t need to. At some point the market will crash loudly down around the ears of QF staff especially pilots and the results will be there for all to see. There will be no need for reasoning.