PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2014, 04:06
Willie Nelson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's be clear, we all wish we could have Q salaries, but as Dr. Phil says, how is that working out for you?

While salaries are clearly not the only impediment to the potential failure or success of Q, it seems that some Q pilots are starting to understand that salaries that pay a second officer more than a captain in most other Australian Airlines are playing their part in Q's difficulties. To ignore this is to live with a self justifying view of the world, we all do this sometimes.

Like the federal government, Qantas must run a budget, yet unlike the federal government, if they don't balance it, they go out of business. In the same way as everyone comes cap in hand to Joe Hockey asking that their policy area receive special treatment, everyone has to play a part in the overall success.

Like the majority of Australians, I don't like this budget. Yet I am happy to acknowledge that something has to give sooner or later.

I hope those guys that are given CR's are able to find work elsewhere sooner or later, I trust their training should give them a good standing do get back on with the career that they love. All the best.