PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 300 Qantas pilots to get the chop ???
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2014, 01:00
Australopithecus

Received 80 Likes on 37 Posts
The Professor:

1. I have never had, nor do I wish to have relevance to anything but my own small sphere of family and friends. It is by nature transitory anyway, and I am happy to do that whole circle-of-life thing.

2. The Delta guy lives in Washington, and the tax figures I quoted are from the U.S. IRS. There are no state taxes in Washington. He would pay higher property taxes I imagine, as well of the host of extra sales taxes etc. i was speaking of net wages though, as I am sure you are aware.

3.that average wages in the US are broadly lower defeats my argument how? The DL guy is making a higher multiple of both the average salary and the average-industry wide standard. Good on him.

You will find that the majority of airline pilots still make these legacy wages. I don't compare my salary to a Spirit pilot because I would not fly for them. They are the most hated of all airlines in North America by both their customer pool and their staff.

Having lived for a time in the USA also I am cognisant of the different standards of living enjoyed by workers earning similar wages.

Which brings us to the balance of your ad hominem rant (even proto-hominids like me are sensitive to the nuances of argument):

I did not complain about my salary at all, just pointing out some realities to the sub-set of pilots who think my and by extension, their, wages are too high.

There is a vexing trait in some people that requires their happiness to hinge on other people's failure as much as their own successes. It is an ugly impulse.

Anyway Professor, thanks for your missive-it speaks volumes. Say "hi" to Ginger and Marry-Ann for me.