PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA LICENCE QUERY
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2014, 02:21
Silvaire1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not being negative but just logging it is open to abuse, that's why I was asking where is it officially recorded on a document & logged with the FAA?
7of9, the US system works on the basis that you prove you can fly to an examiner once, and receive a Private Pilot Certificate immediately from him. You are then forever presumed to be following the rules until some incident might occur and then maybe your personal records are checked for an instructors BFR entry. You do not need additional ongoing instruction records filed with government to remain an FAA Private Pilot, regardless of your flying activity.

If I relied on a 61.75 to fly I would be starting to think about getting a stand alone licence. EASA seem determined to force their will on those FAA licensed pilots over here. I can't see the FAA not reciprocating in some form unfortunately. And it really is easier, after the initial issue.
Taking the high ground generally works out better, and I think FAA knows it.

Still a good idea to get a stand alone FAA pilot certificate. If you never get a FAA Medical or BFR logbook entry for 40 years or whatever, then need to use the Pilot Certificate, its one day to complete those items with no direct Government contact (or fees). If you happen to be in the US and want to fly a Light Sport eligible aircraft, you could skip the medical and the whole thing is between you, your freelance instructor and your logbook.

Last edited by Silvaire1; 14th May 2014 at 02:35.