PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When is the next cull at QF Engineering?
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2014, 23:12
CoolB1Banana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyway, back to reality-

So in a few days, on the 15th, each section is going to identify a "target group" that are going to meet with HR and their manager to discuss options next week. Are there still jobs in PER? I'm told there's still blokes in BNE Line awaiting a package. Anyone have numbers? Word is, once you've been told you're at risk you will be taken off shift and report to the transition centre until your fate is known.

It's going to get complicated for them when it comes to the SIT blokes who would rather take a package than transfer. It won't just be a matter of taking a bloke off the redundancy list and sending him to SAM in his place. They are after particular licences to go to SAM (738 and 380 I'm told) so there will be flow on effects to others.

They are adamant they want this done by the end of the financial year. The pressure is coming from the top of the airline this time. It's much more than the hate campaign we're all accustomed to from within engineering senior management. Any grievances will be dealt with after the fact and I don't hold high hopes.

All the best to others at risk of the sack or unwanted transfer. The next six weeks is going to be a wild ride for some.

Last edited by CoolB1Banana; 12th May 2014 at 23:14. Reason: Typo