PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320F flap problem after TO
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2014, 07:03
737Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In any flap fault case the first action is always to Pull speed in order to make sure you don't over or underspeed.
Then you make sure aircraft is safe, don't want to climb to high. But you might be able to stay on departure route. Talk to atc what you are doing.

Then ECAM.

Then based on the completed ECAM, you will have to make a decision on what you do next.

NigelOnDraft maybe I misunderstand ur post, but you might see yourseld in an overspeed/underspeed situation sometime if you go about moving flaps regardless. How is that airmanship?
I would say that pulling speed is Airmanship, as it immediately brings the aircraft in a safe state. Having a bit of flaps out is less of a problem then having no flaps put at all. And things don't fail without reason.

Anyway I think the OT is confused, which normal checklist does he plan to do after retracting the flaps? The approach checklist? Cause in airbusworld there are no normal checklist's to perform after T/O except approach, landing and parking.

Generally speaking there are no normal checklists that need to be performed on airbus in flight, and if you do then they come after the ECAM (approach/landing).