PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2014, 22:08
SinBin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't regret the move to BA from EZY LGW 3 yrs ago! (I talk from a Heathrow POV) Bidline with a bit of seniority, which on short haul rises quite quickly, means I can have a mix of tours, day trips, weekends off, roster stability, rarely a 4 sector day, never home later than 11 usually. Some short haul pilots commute globally due to the rostering system to enable this!

Short term career prospects include long haul (5 fleets currently) , junior Gatwick commands, very junior OpenSkies secondment commands, we have training co pilots too if that's your thing.

At Easyjet an A319/20 command after 5 years, great then what? Same unreliable rostering system, fatigue like no other!

Sorry to those that bang the orange drum, but I feel my life is far and away better at BA. Most months take home recently for me is between £4-5k with overtime etc, at EZY as a SFO my average was c. £3300 on a busy month (may have changed a little since I was there).

Not sold on the pension though! Crew food is, well...crew food! The relationship between the cabin crew and flight crew is improving, although it is very disjointed and still can be dreadful some days! Hotels are great usually in city centres, my Mrs has joined me on the odd trip!

There is a big BUT to all this though! ITSU in T5 is closing! No sushi for lunch! Disaster! It's a deal breaker!