PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Still flying after Ansett & related stuff - Vol 2.
Old 29th Apr 2003, 21:21
elektra

Look,

Some of you folks are missing the point, EWL included

Fact was, however we got into the'89 mess, whether it was ego, foolishness, protecting constitutional rights, lunacy or whatever, we had secret ballots that conclusively determined that we (ie.e the AFAP members) would hang together to the end. Win, lose or draw. To my clear recollection there were no conditions attached to the votes. Most followed the decision and a few didn't. Those who did stick together find it hard to forget those who voted one way and then ran the other.

Is there something I'm missing?

Anyway, my one major regret over the nearly 14 years is the blacklist put in place by the returnees. Most of our mates never did anyone any harm except to abide by their vote and a collective decision. That hardly seems a reason to deny them a career for ever.

As for life now...well I'm still an AFAP member and never have in 33 years doubted the wisdom of my union affiliation. And the 777 is a satisfactory replacement for the 727 I was flying in '89.

Safe flying