PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vistajet? Latest news, anyone?!
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2014, 11:28
FerrypilotDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, now I feel put out. I have known Mr Nick for over 10 years, am certainly over-qualified, yet he has never offered me a job! I think I will need to make an appointment with the psycho-girl and talk about my trauma.......

Come on guys......EVERY company has complaints, complainers, things that can be improved etc. I was just saddled with two clowns from owner's head office, who have been told to "reduce the costs of the aircraft operations." These people know nothing about aviation, don't even know what aircraft we have, if we own it, lease it, have it on an AOC.... It is like the biggest joke.

So I am certain they are reading articles on the internet, trying to learn something. The whole thing stems from another amateur, making a budget based on 360 hours a year. We are only flying 140.......SURPRISE! The hourly expenses when all the fixed costs are divided over so few hours is too high! Compared to the irrational budget created by someone who had no aviation background is the "expectation" and so we need to bring costs in line with this "budget." Well, I suppose we could fly more......which was the idea of the original amateur.

The whole point is that we will always deal with one aspect or another. Ops the world over will place you in a "cheap" hotel that is a 80€ taxi away....saving 10€ on a minimum rest night. They will put you in the middle of an industrial complex when you have 3 days.....or reward you for working so hard by placing you in a 5-star hotel, a two hour drive from the airport on a night with minimal rest.....so you cannot enjoy the spa, the all-inclusive perks or the free bar......

Quite funny at times......but find the perfect combination of great Ops, Travel, management, excellent salary, exciting destinations, good roster, good colleagues, excellent communication with the right amount of support ..............right? They never come together and all your positions will give you one balance or another. Enjoy it, contribute when you can, don't emotionally "own" your suggestions....stick to the knitting and make the best of it.