PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2014, 12:44
Airlift21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJ6

Probably correct DJ6. I don't have the figures to hand, but I'd probably guess the increase on Flybe's pax figures by U2 to be about the 60k mark. Overall there's a recorded increase of about 400k for April 2014. Norweigan will have quite a few more pax on their routes also. Emirates have also increased seats by approx 30% with one of the daily 77W replaced with an A380.... I think, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, bucking the trend, is the fact that LGW has said that all business models have experienced increased loads, including even charter flights and North Atlantic. European scheduled has increased by over 20%. Cargo is still slightly down though.

Interestingly, as Anna_list mentioned, the airport has scheduled 55 movements an hour for 3 hours per day during the summer. It'll probably turn into a record breaking year for LGW and a few other UK airports.

Good to see that Stansted is bouncing back too, as they were hit very hard during the recession. That's certainly NOT due to stealing routes/flights from LGW or any other airport, as some might suggest. It's due to getting more flights and routes in their own right. Good for them....

Last edited by Airlift21; 9th May 2014 at 17:17.