PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Very odd fault: please help.
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2014, 10:19
BlueDiamond

Bluey

Received 42 Likes on 17 Posts
Very odd fault: please help.

I have a really strange fault involving my lappie, mouse and bluetooth keyboard. It is intermittent but mostly present. Basically it is this; the mouse does multiple clicks when the button has been pressed only once and the keyboard will often do multiples of letters or spaces, again from only one ppppppppppppress. (I have left that in as an example.)

The mouse has a USB type connection and is either attached to the lappie directly or through a port hub. It makes no difference. The keyboard's little bluetooth "transmitter" is connected to the lappie the same way; either via the port hub or directly plugged in to the llllllllllllllappie itself. (Another example there.) Again, it makes no difference.

The computer is re-started every day so I know re-booting is not the answer. The mouse I use works perfectly on another computer but I have not been able to test the keyboard on another computer. Another mouse which works properly on aaaaaaaaaaaanother computer produces the "multiples" problem on mine................

You can see from the above examples what the result of the keyboard problem is and it's the same thing with the mouse; if I click on something it will give multiple responses. For example, if I am playing a card game and wish to click over one card,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I click the mouse button once but anything up to seven or eight cards will flip over. If I want to copy and paste something, I can highlight and copy but then get multiple "pastes".

As a techno-retard (class 1) I find all this quite mystifying and am hoping that someone can suggest a solution. It does seem to me that the problem is within the lappie itself given that my mouse works perfectly elsewhere and a borrowed mouse still faults on mine.

Please help if you can ... this is driving me nuts.