PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK BONUS!!
Thread: EK BONUS!!
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2014, 11:49
thehonourablefong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely agree with Harry...and as someone told me, Ek have absolutely no problem hiring and retaining baggage handlers, tug drivers, cleaners and all the other staff who make up the largest % of our staff count.

Therefore, giving a profit share to keep them here makes little sense...whereas a targeted pay rise for those staff groups where problems in recruitment/retention are being noticed makes great sense.

Hence the new PS target, which seems a little steep when they've already given their revenue loss estimate for the runway closure...

As for them needing to give a big pay increase...I've been here less than 2 years, but have only moved up around 250 places in that time, and less than 10 in the last 2 months. Courses look to have been pretty thin up to April but last month there were the fat end of 40 guys joining the list. And if they are really are having problems, won't they just open up to non Boing/Airlimo guys?

Think we'll get something, not sure it'll fuel that Lambo I bought in anticipation of the PS though...