PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do after 2nd application to AirServices (Australia)
Old 7th May 2014, 13:12
S.Bartfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was the "Behavioural Panel Interview".
It was the very last stage of the process.

From memory there was:
Online Forms
Online Testing
Phone Interview
Psychometric Testing (this was the hard one)
Finally a the "Behavioural Panel Interview"
(Optionally they also had a final psychological test but it wasn't used in my year)

There were 3 or four people on the panel and from memory they asked 5 "Behavioural Style" questions such as "Tell us about a time where you've had difficulty dealing with someone of a different culture and what did you do to resolve the situation...". I think a big part of the problem was that I actually treated it too much like a "pub chat". I had never done a behavioural panel interview before and, well, got it completely wrong.

I'm told they have now removed this step and have significantly changed the psychometric testing to incorporate more group work and social skills, which is actually the kind of stuff I'm pretty good at.
(given the amount of resistance I seem to be encountering in this thread one could be forgiven for doubting my ability to communicate but usually I do pretty well - hehe)

Anyway the second time, astoundingly, it was actually the phone interview that did me in. It's really not worth going into the details of how I messed it up but suffice to say I completely did myself in on what should have been an absolute cake walk; but as I say, it's really not worth going in to.

Last edited by S.Bartfast; 7th May 2014 at 13:18. Reason: Remembered the optional psychological test round