PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2014, 22:28
BASHLH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiggy, I take your comments well & don't disagree with anything you have said... Except with the CAP levels on all fleets the way they are, it doesn't take much working out to see as a company we are short! As an average across all fleets CAP is 2.5 hrs over (yes that's in the BLR's) however it's unsustainable! The company line 'Bidline is not fit for purpose' rubbish is all to do with the current pay & BLR negotiations IMVHO. I'm sure BLR's need the 21st century tweak but at the same time Bidline works great with another 50 on each status!

People reading my previous post... BA will begin interviewing in July for DEP's to start around Jan 15. A320 500 hrs on type... FACT!

I will publicly apologise if this turns out not to be true but I wouldn't have put it here in the first place if I wasn't 100% confident that this is the case! I've just got back off a trip today & my skipper said they had been talking in passing to LC on Sunday and was told to expect to be contacted ref interviews as they are on the interview team. As I've said it's going to be common knowledge soon enough anyway so I'm happy to post here as my friend said LC said it wasn't a secret!

If people don't want to take my post seriously & want a career in BA then that's no sweat off my nose... I'm genuinely trying to give my fellow colleagues in other airlines a heads up if they want to be in BA. I've told all my mates about it if they fancied giving it a crack. The last campaign in Nov 2010 was I believe closed for applications within 4/5 days as so many applied it crashed the system. At least if your looking for the application it may be just the luck you need to get in quick. Remember BA isn't for everyone & it's not the be all & end all! However I enjoy the security & hopefully the long term career prospects that BA offers.

I hope this helps, & good luck to all when it comes around!