PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Humour (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2014, 19:10
Btrbill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working departures at DFW one day with a good 'ole redneck on the position next to me... Southwest off Dallas checks in needing to go north and my co-worker tells him to maintain 230 knots in the climb for spacing...

C525 departs another airport (Addison) also going north. Co-worker turns him northbound to preceed the B737 and tells him, Maintain 230 knots or greater. Pilot comes back with we are unable to maintain 230 knots in the climb. Co-worker emphatically states, "You paid all that money for a jet and you can't even do 230 knots?"

---------

Went to Pittsburgh one day to observe since I thought about bidding there... USAir called for taxi... two SH360 commuters approaching from the left... Ground tells USir, "Follow the pair of shorts, taxi to rwy XX."

---------

Working Local (tower)... Ground is busy with pushbacks, vehicles, and crossings... Southwest calls for taxi out of the alleyway. "Southwest 123 taxi to Rwy 10 via Bravo" SWA reads it back... As he exits the alleyway he slows due to a vehicle crossing the ramp in front of him... Pilot says, "SWA123 had to slow. That guy just darted out in front of us." Ground says, "Roger, if he is too close for missles go to guns!"