PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And now it's Manchester.....
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2014, 13:41
go43andrti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Again EVERYONE who joined down the DEFO or jumped seniority for a command knew what they were getting into I'm afraid."

You can be 'afraid' of that you want. When I interviewed I was asked if i was willing to move to Hong Kong. My answer was a resounding NO! Not a 'maybe', not an 'it depends', it was a NO. So feel free to cast your 'I"m afraid' where ever you like, just not towards me.

Call this a 'hong kong' airline all you want, the fact is, it's a global airline. I don't live in Hong Kong, I don't pay Hong Kong tax and I'm paid by a company outside Hong Kong.

If you had in fact spoke up and pointed out how all the based people you were flying with were 'out of seniority' (btw, you need to be schooled on what out of seniority means), you'd be the first and only one to do so. I'm 'afraid' you probably don't have anybody to back this story though, right? One thing I must agree with you on, is the "thank goodness those days are over" statement. We have a lot of very good guys on the 'crap freighter' (built in 2014 and is the most advanced, largest, fastest and most efficient plane we own now) and you being on it would just bring the bar down. So yes, thank goodness!