PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's time
Thread: It's time
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2014, 03:15
CX-HOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Quad and TwoT on this one

I was around for MSS and saw exactly how many "staunch" union members followed the union's guidance.

Since then we have never had a president/GC that was interested in moulding the AOA into a cohesive unit that could present a united front. Probably as much due to the average members interest as the Committee.

From ST and his absolute determination to push through RP04 and so the demise of 5-4-3,
to MG and his cutting off of the 49ers and implementing credit free reserve,
and then PW and his self interested acceptance of RA65 at the cost to all junior pilots,

The AOA has been used as a conduit by the Company to legitimize degradations to our contract. Even the last pay deal had a 5% cut to Junior CN wages which eventually would affect anyone reaching that level and yet this devisive deal was pushed through as well.

So here we are perhaps about to fight a battle as a disjointed rabble all with personal agendas, from based guys, expats in HK to those on local terms. What great preparation for this eventuality the AOA has done over the last four months, ah but we now employ experts from the States that can continue DD's amazing rebirth of the union.

The only real power is in the hands of the STC's and TC's who ensure that qualified crew keep coming online and pass their PCs. Imagine how quickly we would run out of crews (and simulator time) if people weren't passing their PCs, not that this is going to happen since the AOA disenfranchised this group by ignoring any request for even CPI increases to their (A scale) contracts years ago.

Yep you reap what you sow and I can't see any Genetically Modified seeds in the AOA's fields.