PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When is the next cull at QF Engineering?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2014, 00:30
Talkwrench

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Put the numbers into your FAS/FYS calculation for the defined benefit portion of your super and see how you fair. Anyone who retires in the next few years will have worked for nothing.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure each individual will consult their respective financial adviser to establish the impact of any decision to go part time or take a package.

I would be very careful commenting on the financial ramifications to members of such a policy if my wages were being paid by member contributions. Especially if those comments could be considered financial advice.
I'm sure I will listen to Steve before I listen to an anonymous pprune poster clearly trying to influence other members to suit his/her own ends.

The intent may be admirable but working part time is not the answer.
Maybe you could add the following disclaimer to your last quote: "for me at this time in my working career"

I'm sure there would be a section of the membership (yes, most likely older, but not yet able to retire) that would consider a part time role to be a far better option than taking a package and then trying to find employment again.

Obviation and mitigation of redundancies is the best outcome. That is why it's in the WD.