PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin ATR grounded in Albury
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2014, 14:49
dubbleyew eight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is grossly unfair and professionally offensive to criticise either this or any another 'transport' class aircraft
utter dribble

an aircraft sits in albury that will be scrapped by its owner.
the mechanics who have looked at the aircraft believe that the entire tail would have parted company with the aircraft should it have flown again.

....but you are content that as long as the paperwork was in order, as long as it was certified then that would make it all ok.

are you nuts?

the aircraft was just flown in normal operations and it broke in fairly usual turbulence.
the disconnect of the two halves of the rudder is nothing but an inconvenience to be sorted on the ground by the mechanics.
what is the bother is that the structural integrity of the tail was so badly compromised that it came close to failing in flight. because of this VARA are going to scrap the aircraft.

so what you are all saying is that because it didn't actually crash and kill a hundred or so souls ah "nothing to see folks, move along now...she'll be right"

you have little idea just how stupidly incompetent I think you people are.
it is ok to have aircraft deficient in strength in RPT operations is it?

I think I'll stick to my homebuit.
at least I can take it to Vne and flog it through turbulence without it breaking.