PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Wings 2014
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2014, 11:13
smatticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all.

So I went through the BA FPP and got through to the final round but didn't quite make the cut. I was considering taking the direct ATPL Wings course with CTC, but started to hear from independent sources of the unspoken but inherent risks involved (P2F, airlines only offering temp contracts with reduced terms etc). Since I am effectively at a loose end, I decided to apply for this partly to make an honest attempt to explore all avenues of airline "sponsored" entry into the aviation industry, but also to try and keep myself fresh and ready for upcoming assessment processes such as easyjet, Monarch and BA.

I've been reading the posts here, and I understand the concerns that some people have (we should have a better idea of Flybe's most recent financial performance within the next two months), but I have a question. People have been acting as if a TR on a TP aircraft is a one-way avenue, but surely if you have a full ATPL and enough hours under your belt, you can still go and get another TR further down the line if you need or want to? I understand that it's a lot of money on top of what you've already paid, but surely it isn't the be all and end all?