PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2014, 12:24
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Summer Season Schedule

I know officially the summer timetables begin at the end of March, but the airlines don't usually ramp up their schedules until the start of May. What new routes do we have starting or have started in the last weeks?

I can think of:

AtlasJet - Istanbul (Ataturk)
easyJet - Venice
Monarch - Antalya, Naples and Rome
Thomson - Skiathos

Not sure about Wizzair and Ryanair, I know they both make frequent changes in schedules to their current destinations. Is there much change with any airlines on exisiting routes?

I am wondering if Wizzair flights are beginning to plateau now? As Luton is more or less linked to every single base they operate from, and now will begin using their fleet to link up to other European cities from these bases and will only see tweeks to schedules from LTN.

---------------------------------------

I notice Cambridge today has now gain Cityjet as a new customer, with routes to Dublin and Amsterdam... I forgot about this airline!

Like most routes from Cambridge they last a few months and get dropped, so maybe CityJet could afterward move their little Fokker to Luton and start routes to Waterford, Isle of Man, Jersey and Gurnsey. An airline like this would be perfect to operate these kind of routes, with the right aircraft type too!

I am pretty sure a single turboprop aircraft based at the airport could muster enough business on already proven routes to keep it busy all day long!