PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2014, 08:51
interpreter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next runway Gatwick?

Don't be so sure. Heathrow with an extended runway to twice its length is looking a much more attractive option. (as is the case in Madrid I believe)

All the infrastructure is there whereas at Gatwick transport would be a very real problem and already there are severe problems with the ADNID departure which changes the noise contours from extensions of the centreline to an additional finger to the southwest over the villages of Rusper and Warnham. Very hostile in those two places PLUS the government wants to push economic activity north of London and certainly not into the congested south where unemployment is at its lowest.

Add to that the " very odd" finances of the airport involving Cayman Island Companies , Channel Island companies, a Luxemburg entity and with all shares held by New York based
Finance operation, a Californian retirement fund, the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, a South Korean Pension Fund and an Australian pension fund and it looks like a Vince Cable "look see". I would not count on Gatwick at all - in fact I would probably rule it out.