PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2014, 18:10
Flatspin Fumble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I have not been on here for several years.
As always, on this site, there is a huge amount of drivel posted. Firstly, the flying time from EDI to LCY on such a short route, it makes little difference whether it's on a Dash 8 or an Embraer. That is a fact. I know as I have flown both types for Flybe. As someone mentioned, only the EMB 170/190 currently operated by BACF are certified to operate in and out of LCY. I don't know what the implications and costs are of getting the EMB 175/195 certified in to LCY. If BA can operate an Airbus in and out of there, I would have thought there ought to be no reason why Flybe could not operate their current EMB's in to LCY. I would assume its all down to cost, probably quite a huge amount of money - something Flybe is trying to keep in the bank. Sure, they may well have £218,000,000 in cash, but remember, the previous incumbents burnt their way through a similar amount of cash in 7 years. I do find the decision to compete with BACF on the EDI LCY route rather curious. Time will tell, but unless Flybe offer a reliable, value for money service, with complimentary food and beverages, to compete with the excellent service BACF offer, I fear they will struggle, having said that, I wish Flybe every success in their new venture, time will tell.
Good luck to all involved.