PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Victoria (Australia) HEMS Contract
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2014, 10:29
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been a sort of an occasional voyeur to this process as it has unfolded and perhaps not surprised as most would not have been I guess at the outcome as to the machinery which will be involved. Not so much congratulations to the company involved, but to the professional tender writer who cast the right dice.

Oh yes - big, beautiful, shiny, new and gullible, here I refer to the pollies - not the aircraft.

However given the state this country is in and Victoria, as it struggles with brown coal and its disastrous alternative energy pseudo failed spend ups for nothing and I know that right around the world we are not Robinson Crusoe, I have been sitting on a quote to raise my glass to which I preserved as it had easily sprung to mind several months ago, as a memento for the occasion.

Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For You speech
Inaugural Address by John F. Kennedy - January 20th 1961
If in a few months the company or its foster department is becoming strapped for operational funding, don't let them come back whingeing and whining to the good old Victorian taxpayer who will be going through a supreme metamorphose at that time. I rest it there.

Anyone want a friendly carton on the side?

cheers tet.