PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Fraud - allowances
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2014, 07:53
Big M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my experience - these items are a "claim".
I believe I'm "entitled" to a certain monetary amount and I claim it from my employer. If my employer concurs (this is actually the name of a company that provides third party management of said claims) then the "claim" is paid. If they don't concur then the claim is not paid. No fraud involved. If the company pays a claim and then subsequently decide that it is not valid then they instruct employee to repay the amount. Same as "claiming" a deduction on your tax return-if the ATO decides it's not valid then you have to pay it back.

I've had "claims" rejected before. Once claimed for payment when I thought I was off duty but subsequently proved I was on duty and not entitled. Quite innocent of course, no drama - money not paid. I wasn't trying to "pull a scam" but just a mistake. I imagine it's the same as if you believe you are outside a certain area and believe you can claim an amount for "off base training". This is why so many "bean counters" are employed - obviously to count beans and to ensure that certain beans are entitled to the claimant.

No need for "hanging from the mast"

Last edited by Big M; 25th Apr 2014 at 08:40.