PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another degradation of our T&C
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2014, 07:14
giggerty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anotherday

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Can I fill you in with some info?

When CX bought KA back in 2006 we got our first pay rise in 8 years. Life was good.
Then we lost our entire freighter fleet to CX. ( sure I know some ka guys joined Cx but the majority flying those aircraft are Cx guys).
We lost routes to Bangkok, Tokyo plus the planned Sydney flights were canned ( all operated by CX).
Next all other staff other than "us flying staff" were given the CX staff travel DOJ deal.
Next we gave CX some of our slots to PVG and PEK. ( operated by CX pilots)
Our over all fleet size had shrunk by 30% and command upgrades ground to a halt. They would take 6 years to start again.

Next CX started to operate "our routes"under "our call sign" to Taiwan. We don't have a scope clause so we couldn't successfully protest, but no one in the AOA seemed to mind that you were doing our flying and slowing up our commands and growth. This still happens now.

The basic feeling amongst KA crew is that the AOA doesn't really give a damn about us. To be honest why should they, they represent the interests of CX crew. Even when integration is mentioned we are told " that's fine, join at the bottom of our list". ( personally I think we have nothing to gain by integrating but it's galling none the less). So yes there are examples of the AOA screwing over KA pilots.

Supposedly we've been one company group since 2006.

Also

The DPA hasn't suddenly asked for staff travel equality. It has been every committees position since we were left out back in 07. This is not something new and previous AOA coms were aware. It's just that finally someone in management has recognized the disparity and corrected it.

For info KA has 470 pilots. 270 were employed before Cx bought KA. Of those 270 number 200 was employed 04, number 100 was 01 and number 1 was employed in 85. It's not exactly the vast invading hoards of your nightmares.