PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2014, 18:42
Flightrider

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This is an "interesting" move to say the least. 4 x daily with one aircraft on EDI-LCY up against the BA schedule - with three jets serving the route at peak times - looks doomed to fail. Yields on INV and BHD will need to be reasonably good to support a Q400 on that length of sector, and as for EXT-LCY - what was someone smoking when they came up with that one?

The E175 and E195 cannot operate at LCY, essentially with having the same engines but higher structural weights. This will be a Q400 operation only.

I'm also intrigued to see how the new BHX-KEF will work. With a long E175 sector anyway, it must be severely limiting due to availability of suitable alternates in the night for KEF. This was one of the reasons why a couple of airlines pulled KEF services in the past due to the need to take div fuel for Glasgow.

As someone said, I wonder why they didn't consider SEN for the new London routes given vacant routes from GLA, EDI and BHD - all existing Flybe bases. As someone else said, I'm glad I'm not a Flybe shareholder.