PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 7
Thread: Flybe - 7
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2014, 12:43
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Angry Rebel
Either the 135 or 145 is also certified as Jetmagic got it done prior to commencing LCY-ORK in 2003.
The 135 is approved for LCY; I don't believe the 145 is. IIRC that's why Jetmagic ended up with a split 135/145 fleet.

Originally Posted by Skipness One Echo
Belfast has never worked from LCY, good luck with that one, CityJet couldn't fill a Do328 last time.
Edinburgh is a BA goldmine and CityJet walked away blooded, very high proportion of silver and golds none of whom will use flybe.
The CityJet timings on BHD-LCY last time (and I speak from rueful experience ) were more or less doomed to failure from the start, due to a lack of peak slots at LCY (harder to imagine now ). From memory the peak morning flight from BHD left 45-60 minutes later than it should have done, effectively negating the whole LCY time advantage. Add to that CityJet/AF's complete lack of presence in the NI market and you had a recipe for disaster. I'm not saying flybe will have it easy, but they do have a strong market presence around Belfast and given that they will have an 0645 departure from BHD, they do have a materially better chance than CityJet ever did.

Originally Posted by peter__griffin
They won't be competing on the DUB route...
How so?

I think flybe will face heavy competition from BA's Embraers on LCY-EDI - the Embraer passenger experience is very pleasant - but IMHO the RJ85 is not that much better than the Q400 from a comfort point of view, and in many cases worse (e.g. if you end up in a middle seat).