PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Fraud - allowances
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2014, 04:04
itsnotthatbloodyhard

Received 67 Likes on 27 Posts
Or, these pilots have lied about their address and are commiting a crime, for which they rightly should be punished!
I am concerened that people are more wortied that the media know about this than they are that the alleged crime took place.
Probably because you're really just stating the obvious - if someone deliberately did something bad, then they should get in trouble for it. I don't think many people would argue with that. In this case, there are an awful lot of details and potential grey areas that we know nothing about, so it's hardly appropriate to be working ourselves into a lather over it. I don't think it's unreasonable, though, to be wondering why 'senior sources' have leaked this to the press during what they themselves describe as 'the early stages of the investigation'.

(I'd quite like to see an article comparing this alleged rort to the APA bid, where Dixon would've got $60m, Joyce $20m, and the airline would've gone under. Not holding my breath for that one, though, especially not from News Ltd.)