PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to thread drift in 720 posts!!!
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2014, 12:13
Oracle1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most Revealing

Of all the posts you have made yr wrong this one that you keep repeating is perhaps the most revealing.

I repeat to you.
Not one single engine shut down in flight
Not one engine failure.
Not one aircraft lost due any action from me our staff
Not one wheels up.

I think my record speaks for itself.
I have been working in the industry in one form or another fixing and flying for almost 22 years and in that time I have amassed tens of thousands of hours with my signature on it in the flying training environment, the worst treatment you can give any piston engine. In that time I have lost track of the amount of engines that have turned into shrapnel for any number of reasons. Some of these I was involved in stripping to figure out what went wrong. Also had a few that stopped that ran just fine again later and could not be determined. (probably ice)

A senior LAME at work who is in is late 60's has had two pistons stop WHILST he was flying them, almost got killed. My Chief Engineer who is literally a GOD when comes to the PT6 with literally hundreds of thousands of hours with his signature on it, and has thousands of hours flying has had more than 5 PT6's
turn into white hot metal. We are approved to 8000 hours on the PT6 and routinely get them there without problems.

If there is one thing I have learnt in this industry after seeing lots of people die is that if you hang around long enough it will happen.

For you to claim that you have never had an engine failure means one of two things,

1. You have f*ck all hours with your signature on it or,

2. You are a liar or full of shyte or both.