PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots turned operators
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2003, 15:27
Rich-Fine-Green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should have elaborated.

I believe one of the biggest problems for G.A. Pilots are their fellow Pilots.

There is no shortage of 'Comrades' willing to work for free or undercut wages to get a job. In order to fill that logbook, some Pilots will always accept below their worth

Pilots have free will. If they get below their entitlements - They can choose to move on or take action.

It has been done before - it can work.

It of course does not excuse those who take advantage. As Mr Hat said, they get it in the end. They go out of business or......

BTW: When I was in such a position, I did what most operators did - paid the right $$.

How 'bout YOU B-C-L?.

Did you ever/do you work for free?, screw over a fellow Pilot or let a low-down operator screw you up and down for years and take it meekly in order to fill that logbook?. I hope not.

Now as I don't know you (as you don't know me) I won't assume that you must be 'One of those Pilots'.

All I know is that on a regular basis, I often received CVs where Pilots stated that they will work for free or very little.

Actually, the first time I saw it was after the Pilot Strike when an ex-airline pilot took my job for less money.

And that, B-C-L, is where I think it all starts.....

I don't think anything else will work - as long as there are Pilots who are willing to work as slaves.

Last edited by Rich-Fine-Green; 26th Apr 2003 at 15:46.