PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another degradation of our T&C
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2014, 15:12
superfrozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are we merged now?

Oz2.

I agree with you on one point - the degradation continues. Now, the CX pilots have another degradation of their Benefits whilst KA pilots benefit. It's hardly rocket surgery why KA pilots are pleased with this eventuality. Someone mentioned an equitable arrangement. I can't begin to think how this is 'equitable'.( Why we're there no issues from CX Pilots regarding "equal Priority" with KA all these years?!)

Hot tip: the vast majority of CX pilots are none too pleased about this, just to put it incredibly mildly. My post may have been somewhat tongue in cheek, but please: DPS and PEN being on the KA route list hardly makes up for OZ, NZ, NA and all of EUR does it?? As for being elitist, ha. If that means wanting priority on your own airline for staff travel, then sure - I'm a regular Rockefeller.

Last time I checked, there had been no merger. This is a classic divide and conquer tactic from the Company, and now many CX pilots will struggle even more to get their own Airline's Staff travel flights with the recent two lots of policy changes.

As for working together as professional pilots, you absolutely have my support. If CX offered its pilots some of the KA travel fund, at KA's expense, you would damn well bet it wouldn't be acceptable to me nor the vast majority of CX pilots. It's not appropriate to rob Peter to pay Paul. That's all this is.

Don't try and kid yourself about it being more 'fair' and 'equitable'.

One final word of advice to the Pilots at KA, beware of Management 'Greeks bearing gifts'. Recent changes in CX staff travel have severely limited Pilots' ability to staff travel, and you may find trading away anything in your current Negs for this 'benefit' to be akin to selling the cow for some magic beans. CX cabin crew are now far more likely to "trump" you than you think.

Last edited by superfrozo; 19th Apr 2014 at 15:14. Reason: speeling