PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2014, 08:34
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The CAPA article quotes a virtual tour so by comparison !

Selfridges and Harvey Nichols (luxury shopping). Indeed both opened their first stores outside London in ......now where was it, damn cant remember !

Manchester has one of the largest high end retail market outside London and one of the largest amount of sq footage in Europe...

Actually talking of luxury goods I am sure they have TWO Selfridges, but maybe I am getting mixed up ?

Lake District , glorious and last time I checked only an hour from Man Airport, oh and don't they also have the Peak District including Chatsworth House on the doorstep, some say it's the best stately home in England

And what of English history Chester is a must, it certainly compares to Edinburgh, and knocks the spots off York or how about a trip to Liverpool where The Beatles tour is STILL one of the most popular tourist hotspots in the UK and a magnet for Asian tourists. Damn you Manchester Airport, forgot you were less than an hour away again !

Shall I mention the option to actually play three "Open Golf courses" all within 45mins ...oops best not.

Oh and for the pilgrims from Asia whose sporting preference is Football we have MUFC, who despite struggling somewhat have just signed a new shirt deal, only £600m with majority of sales being in ....wait for it Asia.

3 charters ? Good grief you could fill a flight a week to the shrine that is Old Trafford on its own !

At least with excellent connections through Hong Kong and a possible non stop service from Beijing in the offing, Chinese tourists will be offered total flexibility when it comes to visiting Manchester and the rich heritage of the North Of England AND at a time of their choosing 52 weeks a year !

PS Full apols ian miss read your comment

Last edited by Bagso; 19th Apr 2014 at 18:25.