PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to thread drift in 720 posts!!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2014, 22:40
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it will be at its hottest as it passes though to get to lop buy that time its already started to be damaged,
Hows that didn't see that coming did you.
Actually, quite a lot of people saw it coming because there are lots of people who’ve made the same mistake as you.

As Ultralights has pointed out, if you are correct it inevitably follows that the way in which you say engines must be run must do damage.

I have in front of me a POH that says: “Lean the mixture and note the point on the indicator that the temperature peaks and starts to fall.” By your own logic, the engine has already started to be damaged by operating it in accordance with the POH.

As it turns out the POH then ‘mandates’ operation at a setting that the data demonstrates is near the most likely to cause damage: “CRUISE (LEAN) MIXTURE – Increases[sic] the mixture until the EGT shows a drop of 25 degrees F below peak on the rich side of peak.”

I was quickly coming to the conclusion that you are a pig-ignorant old fool, but then I realised that it’s almost impossible for someone with your claimed experience to be so unwise. My guess is that you’re actually an apprentice or son (or both) of someone with lots of experience, and you’ve picked up enough knowledge to be very dangerous but far from wise.