PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to thread drift in 720 posts!!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2014, 09:19
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviater I love how this person lumps all Licensed Engineers in the same boat. This forum does not reflect the knowledge and understanding of ALL Engineers.

Whilst some opinions posted may be closed minded and different to others, it is extremely naive and narrow minded to come to an understanding that all LAME's must therefore share the same views.

There are some of us out there that are both Pilot and LAME and are happy to admit that there is always more to the story, no matter how much you know.
Nice jump to conclusions,

i have met many GA LAMEs who do fantastic work, and i would trust my aircraft to them, but as said before, still believe firmly in OWT's even when shown the data, they cant make out what the data is telling them, just as i did when confronted with Vibe balance data streams post maintenance on a helicopter, but with little training,a willingness to unlearn what i thought, and relearn with the new generation of technology, i now know. Same went for my flying and engine ops, i was seeing the data, and evidence, done the course, now im wiser for it. it dispelled a lot of misconceptions i thought to be true.

Im not lumping all LAMES in the same basket, just stating that some do know, and some dont, some open to new ideas and theories, and a minority who will never change no matter the evidence presented.

as for my background for your reference, Multiple aircraft owner, Pilot, instructor, and maintainer...