PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dundee
Thread: Dundee
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2014, 18:22
SunnyDayInWiltshire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the helpful feedback

What is your final destination?
Between Aberdeen and Dundee, so Prestwick wouldn't be a convenient alternate (although concur it is a great facility which I have been to)

You won't get radar vectors onto the ILS you will have to fly the procedure
IAPs from the West so most likely a circling approach
That's helpful to know

a LARS service from Warton whom will then hand you off to our Tay sector at Scottish
Sadly Warton LARS doesn't appear to operate at weekends. I guess north of Liverpool zone I will be back to London Info then handover to Scottish Info for their widely acclaimed Basic Service.

plan on 6000ft by the EDN
if you stay at F055 or below you will get a nice friendly Basic Service from myself
Sounds like a good plan, perhaps just high enough to cross overhead EGD510A. I can see that routing east of EDN zone would actually be a more direct route, just slightly more over water.

You can even land on Dundee's seconded runway and all we will do is take the piss and call you biggles
I find people do that when they see my landings normally. Or other choice words.

Not quite sure I caught the second runway concept - did you mean the riverside drive road running parallel?

If it is the haar at Dundee then Perth is often clear. If it is low cloud and assorted weather then Perth is likely to be worst
Exactly the local knowledge I was looking for. Very helpful

Don't worry about it, everyone is very friendly up north.
Am looking forward to it

Thanks everybody