PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to thread drift in 720 posts!!!
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2014, 04:19
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Progressive
Yr right,
Despite me sending you information to the contrary (from the manufacturer) you are still insisting that TCM fuel injection pump is "just a pump" when it is clearly a Pump and pressure regulator unit in one. If you need a simpler diagram/explanation see the FAA power plant handbook.

Have you every carried out a TCM fuel injector adjustment as per the SID? If so you would know that the pump output pressure (un-metered pressure)is set by adjusting the relief valve.

at the end of the day without data all you have is a pile of busted cylinders - no real evidence of WHY you have busted cylinders.

As for if the APS course is approved under part 66 by CASA - Part 66 only provides details of how to obtain a license. Individual courses are approved under 147 and 147 only approves courses leading to a license outcome. There are many courses required under part 145 or recommended by CASA which are not delivered by an approved organization.

These courses may be approved under an individual orgs exposition for commercial ops.
I cannot see CASA having much problem with an acceptable means of compliance to operate the aircraft LOP where crew have received data backed training.

Radial engines are no less susceptible to cylinder damage. They crack heads quite regularly, have very uneven fuel flows (due to induction arrangement) and are nearly all supercharged (limited boost control) Sodium filled valves do not guarantee better cooling or operation, they have been present for years in lycomings and actually contribute to valve problems.
See this link:
http://occonline.occ.cccd.edu/online...%20Tappets.PDF

If anyone has a copy of the original complete article please post is as I have lost mine.

What gives me the right to question your knowledge of engines?
I am a LAME
I spent 3 years overhauling engines including large radials
I spent one year overhauling fuel systems
And 15 years maintaining everything from tiger moths to bus jets including a fleet of chieftains
I am an aircraft owner
I am also assessment manager for a PART 147 MTO and I teach piston engine theory at all levels up to associate degree.

You are clearly too progressive