PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2014, 21:06
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE]There's also the ex BMI routes to the Caribbean as well? Fertile route for a young spunky Nordic upstart with Thai cabin crews, US flight deck and registered in er....Ireland? Did I get that right? I mean there's a whole lot of those pesky overheads trampled on right off the bat! And LNIDA, Norwegian are union busting and tramping on terms and condtions, cutting corners and creating paper companies in low regulation countries to try and get a cost base to undercut existing carriers. Pure and simple, excuse me while I don't clap. All of the much vaunted cheapness is off the back of not paying the market for people in the markets you, sorry, "they", serve./QUOTE]

That's a rather less objective response than your normal very high standard Skippy

Norwegian are not union busting, NASPA are in detailed talks over the Helsinki base and BALPA are at work on LGW.

Cutting corners? no idea what your talking about? Norwegian provide crew meals, sick pay,standby pay, holiday pay, uniforms, training, the aircraft are factory fresh.

Paper companies? there are 40 people now based in Ireland....they fly to Bangkok what is wrong with Thai crew, they have US crew based in the US, Monarch do the heavy maintenance over there in sunny BHX

Yes MAN is ideal point to point long haul territory for Norwegian, but they need a local presence beyond the Nordic routes first, actually they need the route licences for LGW USA first and that is not a given