PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to thread drift in 720 posts!!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2014, 10:07
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW....has this thread wound up notch

Jaba, was speaking to young RV7 owner/pilot, he uses the APS system but didn't quite understand the theory of operation. Perhaps some of your students are learning by rote?
I doubt he is one of our students. We can't control what they do after a course, but we teach understanding....we avoid like the plague "cookbook recipes" because they do not work very well. By the way POH's tend to do this.

If you wish to PM me his details I can offer to help. Assuming he is a past student. Chances are I know him anyway. Even if not a past student!

Akro is correct.
Yes, but most Pilot operating handbooks and engine operating handbooks are vague where it counts, and are frequently not in full agreement.

Also, most POH / EOH's were written assuming that the aircraft has less instrumentation than is common now.

This is all a bit academic because the only case I can recall where engine operation was an issue is Whyalla. And in this instance CASA were internationally pilloried and nearly 15 years later CASA's reputation has not fully recovered.

If we are called to account in court, we will be required to justify our actions. Adherence to a manual or regulation is the easiest way to do this, but not the only way.
yr right
With the exception of Mick which seams to collect his own data via trends I bet none of you collect it.
Wrong again.

If you add more throttle and increase your RPM the pump moves faster and increases its flow in such the pump is is controlled via RPM with in turned is controlled by the FCU which is controlled by the Pilot.
OK so what happens with a CS prop? The rpm does not change, but fuel flow especially with a Bendix system, is almost linear with mass air flow?

You really are getting confused here.

Yr right,
It is funny to watch you bury yourself even more. You do not know t but despite my thoughts on airspace ADSB and things being at odds with leadsled at times, he and I both know fact from fiction pretty well. It seems you unknowingly are slagging off at or refusing to be educated by several of the best heavy weights in aviation not only here but in the USA. All in this thread.

I am cocksure and ignorant at times, Leadie will attest to that, but I have nothing on you. You are blatantly disregarding thousands, maybe millions of hours of hard data produced by NACA (NASA), P&W, CW, Lycoming even validated it in the 60's, and more recently by GAMI and APS. All lock step in consistent data. The guys at GAMI I bet have seen as many if not more cylinders than you ever will. I cant be 100% sure, but I would bet serious coin on it.

Then you have been taking on several people who include experts (really...seriously top of the pile) in Aviation Law from not only senior airline positions but also regulators, and those also have engineering quals as well.

You have taken a poor attitude to one guy with well over 39,000hrs of flying (plus who knows how much not logged) in a list of aircraft from J3 cubs to B747, and some fiery beasts in-between, and that list is so long it is quicker to write the list not flown.

I just do not get it. You refuse to answer any question I ask of you, yet you get narky for missing one of yours, which I promptly addressed.

You do not have to believe me.....just the data.

In respect of your not wanting to paste the CASA fight on here, would you PM a link of the public record to me. I would like to learn some stuff from it. Seriously I do.