PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to thread drift in 720 posts!!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2014, 10:00
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The regs are very specific on this.
ye right,
OK, would you like to be very specific about the regulations, to which you refer. No generalization, very specific regulations, please.
You will quote the Australian certification standards post 1998 ie: the CASRs, of course.
Not anything that you believe may have been extant (but probably legally was not) at the time you did your apprenticeship.
I note that, in mid-1960s, I was operating VH- registered light aircraft LOP, even demonstrating the fuel savings to DCA Examiners of Airmen.

Its like saying you can do aeros in a metro cause you can do them in a pitts.
No, Its not anything like that, because the TCDS will tell me exactly what the certification base is for each aircraft, thus defining the flight envelope. Further, in the case of the Pitts, if it is certified in the Aerobatic category, the exact maneuvers permitted will be stated, if there are any maneuvers limitations. Once again, if there are no stated limitation, and maneuver physically possible is permitted, withing the limits of the design G.

Using another example, the Limitation for a B707/720 (all models) prohibited sideslips, therefor no sideslips. In contrast, sideslips ( which are NOT an aerobatic maneuver) were not mentioned in Limitations for B757/767/747/744, therefor sideslips were permitted. There was not, nor was there any legal requirement for, a specification that permitted sideslips.

best let casa here know then cause they been teaching us all the wrong things, but hey you already knew that.
Yes, we do know that, what else is new??

Tootle pip!!

Last edited by LeadSled; 13th Apr 2014 at 10:17.