PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to thread drift in 720 posts!!!
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2014, 22:46
yr right

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I said it before and I'll say it again. Had I known when I first started I would have collected ever cly and when why what etc so in 2014 I could post it on this site. Now I didn't. So ok all you fellas out there with all your experience and thousands of flight hours and your own data and of course you have your own data don't you. With the exception of Mick which seams to collect his own data via trends I bet none of you collect it.
So no one here has ever had a cly change is that what you are all saying. You all getting so cranky over a small saving. It's quite hard to wonder why. Now remember I'm not saying don't lean. Leaning is a very important part of engine management. But the small gain that's given from a normal lean to an lop in my book is not worth the risk. You removed the margin safety if something goes wrong that is built into every component on an aircraft.

Now I'll say this again. The fuel pump is a pump. It is controled by the fcu. The pump is a follower it is a sheep. It follows. Also I find it allitle strange that no one has said any thing about the changes that tcm have made. Maybe wow could I be right and you can't discredit me.
Now cockney Steve. I said that the starter motor may the cause of that engine problem. It was said and given as advice but you no better about it all and how and why and what the impulse coupling dose. Good on you. How ever it was advise was given from my and friends of mine that have had the same fault sorry I don't collect data on that either. I even had a pilot change a starter and wondered why it would not start. I ask him what he done he said the starter failed over the weekend so I put the spare on. Mmm I said. Which engine. Oh the right one. On investigation I had him him hit the starter. Wow great job sunshine you fitted the wrong starter. He said how could that be. I sad it's the wrong rotation. He also was a motor mechanic. Bugger me
It's not always as it seams is it.
Cheers