PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2014, 11:38
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use BRS every few days. The holding pens are gruesome, especially on a hot summers day. Now that flights are 'boarding' 25 mins before the inbound has even landed I'm not looking forward to this summer. And staff make announcements asking the stragglers to hurry to the gate as the flight is 'fully boarded' before the aircraft has been cleared for boarding. As grim as they are, they do look rather modern!

I'm pretty sure they're tiled floors though, although I would quite happily be corrected. One of the gates (stand 20ish) is fully seated, but of all the flights I've taken none of departed from this gate. Bristol's main problem is domestic arrivals requiring a bus to all but one stand (2), and when departing from a remote stand waiting at a gate (3-6), queuing, then standing on a bus for 10+ minutes then boarding.

Although the terminal building is actually quite pleasant flying to and from Bristol, particularly when it's a domestic is just hideous. The new eastern pier should alleviate the situation but it will still be holding pens. Anyway, that's a discussion for the Bristol page. NCL's gates are executive lounges compared to BRS's gates but they still need tarted up regardless.

EK77WNCL: you speak about the gates needing to be done up 'MASSIVELY'. When you say 'NCLs isn't that bad', could do with being lit up a little bit'. What it is you're referring to? I can't figure it out. Do you mean the gates?

Last edited by fa2fi; 12th Apr 2014 at 11:50.