PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to thread drift in 720 posts!!!
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2014, 22:36
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see a new topic emerging here. Starting Carby Lycomings!

This as described above has been one of pure bastardry for decades. The primers on the humble carby engines are a source of mostly trouble. Besides the hard starting issue, the risk of flooding, and all that goes with it, there is leaks in the cabin and induction leaks in the engine.

Most of these aircraft have no EMS so the leak in the engine is rarely found, or not found promptly.

Take your simple O-320/360, remove the primer, plug the port and live happy ever after. The start technique is simply start cranking, and after the blades move give a couple of sharp push/pull's through the full movement of the throttle and it will start every time. Hot or Cold.

As explained by Steve above getting the "right" Fuel Air ratio is what it is all about.

yr right
I'm more than happy to stand behind my record in aviation. I take your comments like the toilet paper they written on. I have a failing that I don't suffer fools lightly you fall into this category.
I really do feel that with your vast years of experience you would be a little more perceptive. Creampuff has quite a significant engineering training and some other high level diverse qualifications that would surprise you.

Have you had a go at the 25 question fun test in the free trial on the APS website? I am happy to compare your results with Creamie's in private for you if you like. I am sure he will not mind. It is a Fun Test.

Do you need the link again?