PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2014, 08:52
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure about the PM but the M E N Business Editor Adam Jupp also suggested it in his video presentation !

...I corrected him within an hour of issue!

"If" the PM also quoted that HK was the first far eastern link it sadly does suggest to me a mistake in a circulated PR brief, media types and spin doctors are unlikely to go too far off piste.

Must confess my only point of criticism re marketing (there had to be one), if we can do this for Hong Kong why not some of the other services ?

You wont necessarily get the media agencies on board as per other new destinations as they simply don't have the same kudos of this new service, BUT you can use Facebook, Twitter Google+ to good effect and it only costs time !

SAUDIA is a revelation BUT barely seen any publicity !
USAir ?
Rouge ?
FlyNas ...a bit
Egyptair none to speak of !

and of course what of some of the short haul that may need a leg up ?

MAGs twitter following alone is 100K plus, with an RT multiplier its millions !

OK some may say SAUDIA doesn't need it ....YES it does !

Nothing to stop MAG inviting some of the senior faith leaders across the North Midlands NWest and South Yorkshire to publicise the service to potential visitors to Mecca / Medina etc

There are also numerous Business and Ex Pat forums as well !

Historically Manchester will always be in the shadow of LHR so they have to use everything in the armoury to maximise every route, airline, frequency passenger etc.

Having gained these services MAG need to make damn sure we hang on to them !

Last week I saw a conversation where they went big on LittleRed ...yet again !

When quizzed that this simply drains customers to London to the detriment of our direct flights, precisely what Charlie Cornish has eluded to, they argued that they supported ALL Manchester's customers ...hmmmm !

Last edited by Bagso; 11th Apr 2014 at 09:12.