PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2014, 21:44
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did someone forget SIA whilst briefing the press?

Even PM David Cameron endorsed MAN's Cathay Pacific announcement in his speech made today whilst launching the Conservative Party European election manifesto at Manchester Airport. I wonder if anybody present nudged him to 'politically interfere' in the bilateral limiting Air China whilst we're at it? Anyway, can't fault the publicity drive by MAG in support of CX this time.

Unfortunately, the subsequent MEN report describes the new CX operation as 'Manchester's first direct link to the Far East'. I think that the long-established Singapore Airlines service deserves a little more recognition than that after many years of uninterrupted operation … even if it does call at MUC en route. I hope that SQ do not feel unappreciated at MAN as they see their 'prodigal son' rival lauded throughout the media and their own daily service not even meriting acknowledgment of its existence. We don't want to gain one and lose one!

All round, an excellent day for MAN. But remember not to overlook those loyal carriers which have never let us down whilst we promote the wares of the newcomers.