PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2014, 09:33
rutankrd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
altho' 50% of the population may live within 2 hours of MAN how many of those people even know there is an airport there, never mind the range of flights?
I'll bet more people travel from Leeds to LHR than MAN
I'll deal last first , you would be hard put to find anyone not aware of Manchester Airport - in fact i'd say the populous think it bigger that it is.
Doubt more travel from Leeds to LHR than Manchester, especially the annual holiday trade - All the popular Sun and Sand routes Heathrow isn't in the same league here !

When it comes to Summer sun you'd be surprised how far people travel to Manchester for their holiday flight.
Southern Scotland and Bristol not unheard of.
I know some one in Brentwood ! thats traveled to Manchester to fly to Vegas not typical through !

Leakage inevitable on the longer haul as many irregular and VFR travellers simply visit the internet resellers and pick those cheap deals, however certain ethic groups actually still value the services of those ol' fashioned things called what were they?

Are yes the travel agent and let me tell you the likes of Saudia, PIA and Emirates certainly still value those customers . Plenty of them go via Manchester !