PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to thread drift in 720 posts!!!
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2014, 05:23
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jaba,
I have concerns for your wellbeing should this anecdotal LAME, he that cannot ensure a nozzle is clear before fitment, is infact working on you flying machine.
I have concerns for a lot of folk and LAME's as this is not common, but it is not uncommon.

Very few LAME's are allowed to touch my engine. I can only think of two people besides myself that do. Mr David Paynter (Brisbane Aero) and Andrew Denyer (Riverina), and not that he has but I am sure happy enough with Garth at Bilyara and a few other LAME's off the top of my head, Steve Hobson, Ben Bowden, Tony Brand. There ya go scattered around the country and all

yr right
Ok. We'll for them that don't know the fuel flow gauge is a pus sure gauge calibrated in flow. A blocked nozzle will indicate a higher full flow as it is a direct measurement of the fuel px. Basic engine 101
Well that is Basic engine 55, as its only 50% correct. This is true for TCM engines, but I can assure you the fuel flow on my Lycoming 540 does not read pressure, and nor will the fuel pressure indicate a partially blocked injector.

If you would just drop the chip on shoulder attitude you could learn a vast amount from guys like Walter. Besides being a highly experienced pilot, Dr, Dentist, (almost vet), he is a CFI and an A&P, has participated in many STC projects including cooling systems and baffles for various aircraft and that is just the tip of the ice berg. If I go on it will look embarrassing for the rest of us.

I have no doubt you are a passionate hands on spanner man, but there are numerous knowledge and understaning gaps appearing the more we converse on this thread. I have offered to help in this regard, you can choose to fight the laws of physics, or take the opportunity to learn why we all, me included were taught so many things that are simply not true.

"It is not what you don't know that hurts you. It is what you know that isn't so! "

PS: You did ask, I have spent the last 4 days hands on getting my hands dirty (aviation not gardening). So are you going to have a go at answering any of the questions I asked you?